Another function of the Kapha dosha is to offer protection. These ratios of the doshas vary in each individual; and because of this, Ayurveda sees each person as a special mixture that accounts for our diversity.
Ayurveda gives us a model to look at each individual as a unique makeup of the three doshas and to thereby design treatment protocols that specifically address a persons health challenges.
Dosha according to the principle of constitution of the physical body in ayurveda, one of the three vital bioenergies (vata, pitta, kapha) condensed from the five elements, the doshas are responsible for the physical and emotional tendencies in the mind and body and along with the seven dhatus (tissues) and three malas (waste products) make up the human body. The attributes of the doshas and their specific combination with in each individual help determine the individual’s physical and mental characteristics, while imbalance among the doshas is the cause of disease.
Vata dosha - Air
The Vata dosha is the most important of the three doshas. This is for two reasons. First, if Vata becomes imbalanced for long enough and sufficiently enough, it can also cause the other two doshas (Pitta or Kapha) to become imbalanced. It can even cause both Pitta and Kapha to become imbalanced. Secondly, Vata is the main driver or mover of the body, including the other two doshas, all the tissues and all of the waste products.
Vata provides the following functions:
1. All eliminations: fetus, semen, feces, urine, sweat, and a few others
2. Assists with all the various metabolisms in the body
3. Controls all of the various movement of body (both physical & mental), including such things as respiration, heart beat, motivation and contraction of muscles, relays all sensory input from the various sense organs to the brain.
Pitta dosha – Fire
The Pitta dosha is associated with fire or heat. Wherever there is transformation, there is Pitta (doing its job). Whether it is in the GI tract, liver, skin, eyes or brain doesn't matter, for these are all locations where Pitta works.
Pitta provides the following functions:
Kapha dosha – Earth
Kapha is the heaviest of the three doshas. It provides the structures and the lubrication that the body needs. These qualities help to counterbalance Vata's movement and Pitta's metabolism. A big, heavyset football play or wrestler is a person with a predominance of Kapha.
Kapha provides the following functions:
Benefits of Ayurveda (small list)
· ayurveda is not only treatment, it is a way of life
· has no side effects
· gives happy, healthy disease free long life
· makes you Tension Free
· relaxes mind
· provides knowledge about life
· tells about good and bad dietary effects to life
· tells the way for moksha, with keeping good health status
· helps to achieve - dharm, arth, kama, moksha